We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Structuring and Modelling Officer – PINS1
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50062359
- The Vice-Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to:
- Strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development,
- Support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and
- Place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Bank’s Non-Sovereign Operations and Private Sector Support Department of the Bank (PINS) is to promote private sector in Regional Member Countries, ensuring that it plays a central role in laying the foundations in the development role of the Bank, in line with the Bank’s 10 Year Strategy and HI 5 initiatives.
- As part of the PINS Department, the Strategy and Transaction Support Division is responsible for preparing strategies, policies, guidelines, and analytical tools relevant to the sector; it also ensures global client management and undertakes specialized assignments for the Regions, providing ad hoc advice on transaction bankability, structuring, Project Modelling and designs and implements technical assistance for Private Sector operations.
The main responsibilities of the position holder are:
- Provide operation support to project appraisal team on the optimization of the financial structure for transactions,
- Develop and build project financial and economic models.
- Perform an integrated financial and socio-economic analysis of private sector projects.
- Conduct an independently research for potential structuring and modelling approaches in line with the Bank’s specific financial and legal requirements.
- Closely interact with Risk Mitigation Officer and other Bank’s staff in the project teams to ensure consistency with the legal and financial structure of transactions.
- Provide support during project monitoring and supervision phase including collateral valuation and impairment analysis.
- Design and deliver trainings for Investment Officers and Task Managers.
- Oversee the Investment Analytics and Modelling Team (IAMT) while supporting/mentoring junior staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chief Private Sector Transaction Officer, the Principal Structuring and Modelling Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Draft structuring opinions, present proposed solutions for investments under consideration, clarify the pros and cons of diverse structuring options;
- Review of legal and financial terms of potential investments and transaction with a view of achieving the future secondary sale of assumed exposures to commercial investors, financiers and insurers;
- Provide structuring guidance to Investment Officers through active engagement in the presentation to clients/sponsors of financing proposals, negotiation of financing mandates, emphasizing the benefits of loan syndication and co-financing services;
- Build when necessary, financial or economic models for Bank’s transactions;
- Assist in analyzing, understanding and acquainting with financial and economic models prepared by other Stakeholders, including project sponsors/owners;
- Determine the appropriate conversion factors for linking the socio-economic constraints and financial cash flows in the models;
- Audit financial and economic models provided by project sponsors and/or other lenders;
- Conduct sensitivity analysis on financial models, in line with the bank’s credit risk policy and guidelines;
- Perform Impairment analysis : build, understand and explain the models that affect the IFRS9 Expected Loss calculation;
- Prepare training materials and organize/deliver training sessions for Investment Officers, Task Managers, IAMT and other Bank’s staff.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least a Master’s degree (or its university equivalent) in Engineering, Finance or Economics;
- Generally more than six (6) years of relevant professional experience in the Bank or a similar institution and/or in strategic consultancy, business development, legal and transaction structuring. Experience in an investment boutique or top advisory firm (Big 4 type) would be a strong asset
- Strong knowledge of tailored transaction structuring options for sector based investments;
- Strong Experience in investment appraisal, project finance, and/or corporate finance as well as valuation;
- Experience in finance, and accounting and financial cash-flow modelling;
- Proven ability to acquire new skills (particularly in legal, investment, risk capital, technology and innovative sectors);
- Proven ability to integrate social, environmental and economic indicators into project spreadsheets
- Capacity to adapt to the rapidly evolving needs of the Bank’s Non Sovereign Operations ecosystem.
- Knowledge of international economic development issues is not essential, but would be an asset.
- Sense of initiative and innovation in proposing solutions to client needs;
- Ability to respond swiftly to new situations and to anticipate new issues;
- Familiarity with loss forecasting models and ability to understand and explain advanced and complex calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP is desirable;
- Professional qualification (CFA, ACA, ACCA…) would be a strong plus.
- Expected loss calculation experience. Prior IFRS9 exposure highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.